Hassan Said is a trilingual, Egyptian born, award winning Director as well as Producer, Writer, Videographer & Editor- with over decade plus experience in motion pictures, commercials, music videos, documentary and web content. Furthermore, Hassan is also a member of the Screen Actors Guild of America. He has created content in English, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
Upon graduating from Academy of Art University in San Francisco, Hassan began working as a videographer/editor at the renowned agency Goodby, Silverstein and Partners for clients like Yahoo, NBA, Sprint, Cheetos, Dickies, HP, Adobe, Haagen Dazs, to name a few. Not soon after, Hassan traveled to Angola with the sponsorship of ministry of culture to produce and mentor a Portuguese speaking film Alambamento which went on to win multiple awards and gain distribution in over 40+ countries as well as platforms like Amazon, iTunes and more. Fast forward several years later, his work has won multiple awards, screened in over 50 festivals in over 40 countries with write-ups by independent critics as well as international magazine outlets globally. Later he moved to Los Angeles working on multiple projects from commercials to television to narrative with prominent clients like Warner Bros., Universal, Paramount, MJZ, Biscuit Filmworks, Focus Features, NBC and more in multiple capacities.
Currently he is developing over five feature films, music videos and other projects in the United States and abroad. He hopes to continue to tell stories of self-awareness and vivid realities. His poetic use of striking characters and imagery explores the psychological impact of both life’s shocking and heartwarming moments.
Recently founded with fellow filmmaking partners and collaborators from around the globe, an arts and entertainment group agency with the awesome name PIGEON ROOST COLLABORATIVE - a Filmmakers company representing directors/cinematographers as well as integrated and delivering Creative, Production, Post Production, and Foreign Production Services. The motto will always be "We Leave It All On The Screen"
When he’s not working, you can find Hassan hammering at his typewriter working on his five features in development for US and abroad; maybe wandering the streets of Los Angeles or San Francisco taking pictures with his old Hasselblad or showcasing his photography in various galleries and exhibitions locally and globally.
He holds a dual AMERICAN and EGYPTIAN citizenships.
Did you know? Hassan moved to New York at age 16, worked on sets of filmmakers such as Gus Van Sant & Clint Eastwood, web design work from 2000 to 2007, screened films in over 50+ festivals - in over 40 countries and won multiple awards since 2005, directed & produced content in english - arabic - spanish - french - portuguese, Shot in New York - Chicago - San Francisco - Los Angeles - Beirut - Cairo amongst some.
Worked on and off camera with notable talents such as: Clint Eastwood, Sean Penn, Gus Van Sant, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Vince Vaughn, Harris Savides, John SIngleton, Ellen Degeneress, John Malkovich, Dan Gilory, Jake Gylenhall, Rene Russo, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Todd Phillips, Luc Besson, Shia LeBouf, amongst some.
Partial Client/Companies List: Nike, Luna Bar, Dickies, GSP, Amerigo FIlms, MJZ, Smuggler, Biscuit Filmworks, Chevy, Harvest, CBS, Universal, Paramount, Hyundai, Tool, Sprint, NBA, Yahoo, Doritos, Focus Features, Hungry Man.
•CAIRO SCENE - EGYPTIANS IN HOLLYWOOD: HASSAN SAID AND HIS CHARACTER-DRIVEN STORIES
•BAZAAR - AN ANECDOTE FOR HUMAN LIFE: Filmmaker Hassan Said Explores The Reality Of Being A Human Being
•WESTCHESTER GUARDIAN - An Egyptian in L.A.
•SEARCH MY TRASH - An Interview with Hassan Said, Director of It's a Strange World
•THE LONGHAUL PODCAST - Ep.19 Hassan Said
•MAKING MOVIES IS HARD - Episode 46 – Surviving in Los Angeles with Hassan Said
•LA ART STREAM - Creative Current with Hassan Said
•JORNAL DE ANGOLA - Filme sobre "Alambamento" exibido no Festival Lusófono
• WINNER of the German Independence Award for Best foreign language short film at the Oldenburgh International Film Festival - MUTE
• WINNER of the Award of Merit for Short film and Direction - The Accolade Film Awards - MUTE
• WINNER of Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Cinematography at International Euro FIlm Festival - SAL Y LIMON
• WINNER of Best Short Film at Luanda International Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• WINNER of the silver palm award at Mexico International Film Festival - IT'S A STRANGE WORLD
• WINNER of Best Experimental at Epidemic Film Festival - INFAMY
• WINNER of Best Film at GSP Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• WINNER of achievement in Cinematography at AVA Awards - BITCH
• WINNER of the Jury Award for Best Editing at the Big Easy Film Festival - MUTE
• WINNER of Best Score at Los Angeles Live Score FIlm Festival - DEATH WILL TREMBLE
• Official Selection ReelHeart International Film Festival - MUTE
• Official Selection Queens Film Festival - MUTE
• Official Selection Independents' film festival - MUTE
• Official Selection Jersey Shore Film Festival - MUTE
• Official Selection San Antonio Film Festival - MUTE
• Official Selection Indie Fest USA - MUTE
• Official Selection Atlanta Underground Film Festival - MUTE
• Official Selection at Post Mortem Film Festival - SAL Y LIMON
• Official Selection Tenerife International Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Vancouver International Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection HollyShorts Film Festival x2 - ALAMBAMENTO & BLACK SWAN
• Official Selection Bahamas International Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Cinema by the bay Film Festival - San Francisco Film Society - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Pan African Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Black Harvest Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Capalbio Cinema International Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Byron Bay international Film Festival - MUTE
• Official Selection Molise Cinema Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Malibu Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Festival Amadis du Film - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Africa In The Picture Film Festival - ALAMBAMENTO
• Official Selection Edinburgh International Film Festival - INFAMY
• Official Selection New York International Independent Film & Video Festival - UNFORGETTABLE ROMANCE
• Official Selection at Festin Itinerant Festival of Portuguese Language - ALAMBAMENTO
Selected photography & fine art exhibitions:
• Venice Art Crawl - Shadow Faces
• 10th Annual Middle Eastern Heritage Celebration (2010). Film screening. San Jose City College/San Jose, California
• Los Angeles Arts District Winterfest Film exhibition of Infamy and It’s A Strange World.
• Cultural Encounters: Friday Nights at the de Young, A Night of Egyptian Art and Culture (2009). Photography exhibition and film screening. The de Young Museum/San Francisco, California.
• Edith Coliver International House Festival of Cultures (2009). Photo exhibition. Berkley University, Berkley California.
• Egyptian Cultural Day, SFSU International Educational Week (2008). Photo exhibit and film screening. San Francisco State University/San Francisco, California.